AL BUSTAN ZOOLOGICAL CENTRE
ASSISTANT ANTELOPE CURATOR:
Al Bustan Zoological Centre is a privately-owned zoo, based in Sharjah in the UAE, with a wide variety of local and exotic hoof stock. We are expanding our management team and are looking for a dynamic person for the following responsibilities:
• Husbandry of a variety of hoof stock species.
• Follow SOP’s and species guidelines.
• Active involvement in, in-situ and ex-situ ungulate conservation project.
• Develop and implement specie management strategies where needed.
• Zoo related administration and reports.
• Diet revisions and implementation.
• Staff management of the antelope section.
• Health checks and close collaboration of the veterinary section.
• Assure high animal welfare standards.
• Population management, planning and implementation that will include capture, handling and transfers.
• Assist in zoo related environmental education program.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• DMZAA or similar zoo based management qualification.
• Staff management experience.
• 5 years experience for a wide range of hoof stock species, preferably in a zoo based environment.
• A working understanding of ZIMS (Species360).
• Have excellent communication skills applicable to a range of different nationalities and culture groups.
• Expected to work unsupervised and require good planning, time management skills and deliver on Zoo based objectives.
This vacancy requires the candidate to be in good physically and mental health with an ability to manage stress in this demanding environment.
For more information and to send your CV, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent International Zoo Consultant