Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland Zoo is recognised as one of the most progressive zoos in the world. A winner of national and international environmental-related awards, it is home to 108 different species and over 560 animals. With such an array of different species, this is a very unique opportunity which will allow you to work with the Pridelands team looking after the Ungulates.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
• A minimum of 5 years' experience working with exotic ungulates, preferably African ungulates
• Demonstrated commitment to the conservation of species and ecosystems
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently or positively contribute to a team environment
• Strong customer service skills
• Driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
• Proven ability in carrying out daily keeping duties to a high standard ensuring all husbandry and welfare needs are met
• A high level of energy and physical fitness will enable you to meet the daily challenges of the role.
This is a great opportunity to join the Life Sciences team at Auckland Zoo and be part of an organisation that aims to focus the Zoo's resources to benefit conservation, and provide exciting visitor experiences, which inspire and empower people to take positive action for wildlife and the environment. If this sounds like your next career move, apply today!
Please note: This position is deemed safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment drug testing. This is a full time role, working on a 7-day rotating roster system including weekends and public holidays.
Applications for this role will close Thursday 27 April 2017 at 10.30pm
To apply for this job, please visit our job site HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant