Senior Keeper Carnivores
West Midland Safari & Leisure Park
West Midland Safari Park is currently seeking a permanent Senior Keeper for their carnivore section. The area includes a large number of carnivore species managed in a drive through system. The role requires direct involvement in the daily management of the animals on the section along with supervision of staff in a supportive and positive manner.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A proven track record of the management of these species and be able to demonstrate a range of skills and knowledge in this field
- A high level of interpersonal and people management skills
- An ability to interact with visitors and a high level of customer care
- An ability to liaise with managers and communicate at all levels
- An excellent understanding of animal husbandry
- A professional and methodical approach to record keeping, staff training and health and safety.
Due to the nature of the role all candidates must have a full, valid driving license. In addition, the successful candidate will need to have successfully completed the DMZAA or an appropriate related qualiﬁcation in an animal management discipline. Previous experience of supervising staff in a similar role is desirable. Experience with firearms is desirable but not essential. The role involves weekend and bank holiday work as well as evening work during Park events.
Closing date for applications is: 31st Jul 2017
Angela Potter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Apply for this job:
To apply for this position applicants can click HERE to follow the on screen instructions. Please attach your CV
Independent International Zoo Consultant